Divorce Financial Solutions
Everyone’s financial needs and goals are different. Every couple’s situation is unique. The financial mediators at Peace Talks have the experience and expertise to guide decision-making and problem-solving on a wide range of financial issues related to divorce, including:
- Tax issues
- Property division
- Health care
- Retirement and pensions
- Social security
- Property and business interests
- Cash flow
- Budget analysis
- Debt pay-off
- Insurance coverage
- Employee benefits
- Children’s education/special needs
- Potential earnings
- Separate vs. marital property
- Alimony and child support
How the process works
Peace Talks’ team of financial mediators follow a 7-step process to help you achieve lifetime financial security.
- Meet. During our initial meeting, we discuss your immediate and long-term financial needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Discover. We identify your assets, debts, income, and expenses along with potential tax, insurance, retirement, and other financial issues.
- Analyze and Report. We provide personalized schedules of all relevant information; prepare cash flow, net worth, and alternative property division projections; and examine the after-tax effect and long-term consequences of all proposed settlements.
- Review. We meet with you and your attorneys to evaluate reports, answer questions, and make revisions.
- Recommend. We provide information and advice to help you make prudent, workable decisions.
- Follow-up. We consult with you, your attorneys, and other advisors, as needed.
- Post-divorce planning. Knowing that financial planning doesn’t end when the divorce is final, we monitor the transfer of assets, prepare a long-term financial plan based on your specific goals and objectives, and offer ongoing education and advice.