Dr. James E. Walton, Ph.D
Coach Mediator, Collaborative Divorce Coach, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
Dr. James E. Walton, Ph.D., helps empower your communication for achieving a successful division of your assets and lives while reducing the emotional tension resulting in settling the divorce more quickly. He can help significantly reduce the damage, both emotionally and financially, that comes from a divorce.
He can assist you in communicating so that your thoughts, actions, and decisions are more easily understood. James can also help you with the necessary skills at co-parenting and creating the co-parenting plan. He works from the premise that by resolving the conflict you will begin to heal and successfully discover healthy separate lives.
James is an experienced Collaborative Divorce Coach holding a doctorate in Clinical Psychology, a master’s in Family Therapy and an MBA in Global Management. He is on the Board of Directors of the Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association, and a statewide lecturer on Collaborative Divorce in California. As a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Dr. Walton specializes in helping divorcing couples process their break up in a constructive and empowering way, saving them money, heartache and time as a dispute coach with Peace Talks.
In addition to his participation in Peace Talks, he is a member of the Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association, the International Association of Collaborative Professionals and the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists.
EXPERIENCE & ACCREDITATION
- Mental Health Divorce Mediator, Peace Talks Mediation Services, Nov 2014-Present
- Collaborative Law Divorce Mediator, Family Divorce Solutions of San Fernando Valley, Jan 2001-Present
- Producer, Dr. Walton’s Self-help Series, Jan 2001-Present
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Private Practice, Aug 1994-Present
- Hypnotherapist, Dr. James E. Walton, Ph.D, Jan 1985-Present
- Mental Health Video Host, WebiHealth.com, Feb 2009-Dec 2010
- Licensed Psychotherapist, Affiliated Mental Health Care Professionals, Jan 1997-Jul 2007
- D. Clinical Psychology, Pacifica Graduate Institute 1999
- MA Family Therapy, Phillips Graduate University 1991
- Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association
- International Association of Collaborative Professionals
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
Dr. Walton’s advice and insights have been featured in: Fox Entertainment, Cosmopolitan Magazine, Discovery Health’s Berman and Berman Show, MSNBC’s Oscar Night of the Stars, The Alvin Jones Show, The Greg Mantel Show, Bergen Health & Life Magazine, and Thatz Entertainment. Dr. Walton was also the on-air video host of WebiHealth.com’s mental health series, and host of KCSN 88.5 FM’s weekly drivetime show Shrink Rap.