Lee Miller, J.D.M.A.
Coach Mediator, Attorney, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
“Progress towards an equitable divorce is impeded by emotional, not rational, issues. Over the years, I have gained the experience and developed specific techniques to handle emotional issues so that you can make progress on the legal issues. Specifically, I know how to get to the bottom of what is causing obstruction and stalling agreements.”
Lee’s 30+ years of experience as a practicing attorney combined with her professional Licensed Marriage and Family Therapy (LMFT) training, and child custody mediation experience, offers a unique approach to successfully navigating the divorce and co-parenting process from both the legal and psychological perspective. Her LMFT training combined with her certification as a life coach and divorce coach provides professional support in helping clients and families get unstuck and understand the emotions that are keeping them from making healthy decisions.
Lee is trained in collaborative divorce, child custody mediation, co-parenting and child adolescent psychopharmacology. She previously served as a child custody mediator for the Los Angeles Superior Court Family Services Department and knows how to get you the result you’re looking for while protecting the children along the way. Lee’s experience as a practicing attorney provides valuable insight into the legal side of divorce and custody battles and helps you avoid the high cost of litigation. She knows what goes into the legal process and can help you prepare for the practical legal steps ahead of time.
EXPERIENCE & ACCREDITATION
- Child Custody Mediator and Collaborative Divorce Coach, LA Custody Mediation, July 2003-Present
- Marriage and Family Therapist, Lee Miller JDMA Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, 2014-Present
- Therapist, Women’s Clinic and Family Counseling Center, 2012-2014
- Parent Group Leader, Early Childhood Parent Center, 2012-2013
- Counselor, Suicide Prevention Center, Los Angeles Superior Court, 2010-2012
- Divorce Mediator, Wendy Landes, 2010-2011
- Attorney-at-Law/Counselor, Disabilitygroup Inc., 2005-2010
- Child Custody Mediator, Los Angeles Superior Court, 2003-2005
- Counselor/Trainee, Vista Del Mar Child and Family Services, 2003-2005
CERTIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- J.D. in law and formerly practicing attorney in South Africa and California
- Certified Divorce Coach
- Certified Life Coach
- Certified in Domestic Violence Training for Child Custody Evaluators
- Co-Parenting Counselor, Mediator, and Collaborative Divorce Coach at The Loyola Law School Center For Conflict Resolution’s Collaborative Mediation
- Member of the board for The Friends of the Semel Neuroscience Institute at UCLA
In addition to her extensive background in law and family therapy, Lee is also a Certified Life Coach. Her experience and expertise as an attorney and therapist have equipped her to successfully counsel individuals and families during good times and bad.