President and Owner
Certified Financial PlannerTM (CFPTM),
Certified Divorce Financial AnalystTM (CDFATM)
Stephanie Maloney, Certified Financial Planner® (CFP®), Certified Divorce Financial AnalystTM (CDFATM), was one of the first practicing divorce financial planners in the Los Angeles area. Having personally gone through a divorce involving the future of her child, Stephanie is prepared to assist her clients both financially and emotionally.
As a mediator with Peace Talks, Stephanie brings her expertise to help mediation clients make good choices for settlement. She helps determine the short-term and long-term financial impact of proposed divorce settlements, offers valuable insight into the pros and cons of different settlement proposals, and helps avoid common financial pitfalls of divorce. Whether it’s in a mediation session or as part of an individual consultation for each party in mediation, she provides personalized reports illustrating the financial status, cash flow and net worth of divorcing parties.
Stephanie earned her Certified Financial Planning (CFP®) credential from the College for Financial Planning in Denver, Colorado in 1991. She completed the training by the Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts as a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst in 1999. Stephanie has also taken Collaborative DivorceTM training and completed 30 hours of mediation training in 2005 and 40 hours of divorce mediation training in 2007. She has over 25 years of professional experience in the financial services industry providing a broad range of financial and advisory services for her clients.
Stephanie is a member of the Institute for Certified Divorce Planners, and the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals. She is a current board member of LACFLA (Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association) and the Treasurer of FDS (Financial Divorce Solutions.) She served as Vice President for six years of CPCAL (Collaborative Practice of California) and as the Treasurer for SCMA (Southern California Mediation Association.) She is the current Chairman of Training for LACFLA. Stephanie has conducted numerous training seminars and workshops, and is a nationally recognized presenter for mediation professionals.
EXPERIENCE & ACCREDITATION
- President/Owner, Peace Talks Mediation Services, Nov 2013-Present
- Mediator and Collaborative Divorce Financial Expert, Peace Talks Mediation Services, 2008-Present
- Collaborative Law Divorce Financial Specialist, Family Divorce Solutions of San Fernando Valley, 2014-Present
- Principal, Divorce Financial Planning and Divorce Forensic Accounting, Seillar LLP, Jan 2011-Aug 2012
- Owner, Financial Solutions for Divorce, Mar 2003-Dec 2008
- Financial Advisor, Associated Securities, 2000-2005
- Financial Advisor, Prudential Securities, 1997-2000
- Financial Advisor, Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co., 1989-1997
CERTIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Certified Financial Planning (CFP®) credential from the College for Financial Planning in Denver, Colorado 1991
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst training by the Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts, 1999
- Collaborative DivorceTM training
- Completed 30 hours of mediation training in 2005, 40 hours of divorce mediation training in 2007.
- Member, Institute for Certified Divorce Planners
- Member, International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- President-elect & Chairman of Training, LACFLA (Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association)
- Treasurer, FDS (Financial Divorce Solutions.)
- Former Vice President of CPCAL (Collaborative Practice of California) (6 years)
- Former Treasurer for SCMA (Southern California Mediation Association.)
Stephanie and her husband Patrick live in Los Angeles. She is originally from Minnesota, and has three adult daughters and one spoiled dog. Prior to becoming involved in mediation, she had a successful career in finance, working for such companies as Prudential Securities and Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co.