Pauline Y. Robins
California, Supreme Court of the United States
Supreme Court of the United Kingdom
Education & Training
UCLA, Los Angeles, California
- Bachelor of Arts in English 1986 – 1990,
- Honors in English Department
University of West Los Angeles School of Law, Los Angeles, California.
- Juris Doctor
- Moot Court
Hastings School of Law
- Trial Advocacy Training 2000
American Bar Association Family Law Section
- Family Law Trial Advocacy Institute 2001
- Los Angeles County Bar Association Minor’s Counsel Training 2006 – 2013
- Mediated over 500 family law cases
- Divorce Mediation, Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University School of Law and Mediation Training for Family Law. 60 hours training in Family Law Mediation with Chip Rose, J.D. and Nina Meierding 1999.
- Advanced Family Law Mediation, 3 day training, The Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University School of Law, with instructors Chip Rose, J.D. and Nina Meierding, 2000.
- Dispute Resolution Services, training for attorney/client fee dispute and arbitration for Santa Monica Bar Association 2007.
- Los Angeles Family Law Collaborative Law 3 day training, Loyola Law School, 2014.
- Streamlined Protocol Collaborative Law Training, 2013
- September 2014 to present: Peace Talks Mediation Services, Los Angeles, California, attorney mediator for family mediation practice concentrating in divorce and custody disputes, including high conflict cases and at-risk populations. Peace Talks teams lawyers with psychology professionals in a cooperative, co-mediator setting to mediate all family conflicts: divorce, custody, premarital agreements, cohabitation and LGBTG dissolution.
- October 1997 to December 2014. Law Offices of Pauline Y. Robins, 6500 Wilshire Blvd., 16th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90048. Family Law practice concentrating in litigation and mediation of Family Law. Responsible for all aspects of client and case management, including complex litigation in court, use of experts, and legal drafting.
- Minor’s Counsel: Santa Monica Superior Court: Appointed by the Judge for the County of Los Angeles to represent the best interests of children in high conflict family law cases (2008 to 2014).
Mediation and ADR Panels
- ADR Family Law Panel: Los Angeles Superior Court, Central Division 2004 to 2006. Served on the Alternative Dispute Resolution panel of the court as a Family Law Settlement Officer.
- ADR Panel: Los Angeles Superior Court, Santa Monica, 2006 to present. Served on the Alternative Dispute Resolution panel of the court as a Court Settlement Officer, Mediator in Family Law.
- Santa Monica Bar Association Fee Dispute Panel: 2007 to present. Mediator for fee disputes between attorneys and clients.
- American Bar Association, ABA Family Law Section (1997 – 2007).
- California State Bar Association: Family Law Section (1997 – present)
- Law Society United Kingdom, London England (2006 – present)
- Culver-Marina Bar Association (1998 – present)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association and LACBA Family Law Section (1997 – 2014)
- Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association, LACFLA (2013 – present)
- Marina Collaborative Divorce Group (“MCDG”) (2013 – present)
- Santa Monica Bar Association, Family Law Section (1997 – present)