Here's what to expect when you meet with Peace Talks for the first time.
To schedule your free mediation orientation, please call Peace Talks at (310) 301-2100.
About Your Initial Mediation Orientation
Mediation orientations at Peace Talks are free of charge, private, and confidential. Just you and your spouse, partner, or other parent will be present, along with one or more of the Peace Talks mediators.
A mediation orientation gives you the chance to meet one or more of our mediators, to see our offices, and to get your questions answered. This way you can make an informed decision if mediation through Peace Talks might work for you.
Orientations generally last 45 minutes to an hour, depending on how many questions you have. At every orientation, we answer all your questions and provide you with invaluable information about the mediation and divorce processes.
Mediation Orientation Itinerary
Here’s an outline for what is usually discussed in an initial Mediation orientation.
- Answer clients’ questions first
- The value, benefits and results of mediation
- Why mediation works and litigation doesn’t work
- Time and cost for mediation vs litigation
- Attorneys’ roles, mediation-friendly attorneys
- What a typical first session is like
- Mediation summary letters
- Mediator styles
- Product vs. Process
- Legal information & education vs. legal advice
- Joint sessions vs. individual caucuses
- Balanced discussions
- Offer you more information
To schedule your free mediation orientation, please call Peace Talks at (310) 301-2100 or Visit Here