Helping Divorcing Couples And Individuals Achieve Financial Security
Planning Is Everything
Separating or divorcing is never easy. While navigating through tough emotional challenges, you must also make financial decisions that will affect the rest of your life — and maybe your whole family’s life.
You have questions — lots of questions — regarding your divorce and household finance issues. But there are no simple answers. In fact, every suggestion seems to lead to another problem.
That’s where Peace Talks Mediation Services can help. Our divorce financial planners specialize in helping couples and individuals with their finances during a divorce or separation. As your financial consultants, we help you sort through the unknowns and provide valuable information to help you choose the best options.
We do this for you:
- In language that you can understand.
The Planning Process
How we help you plan the financial aspects of your divorce
A Plan to Give You Hope and a Future
We begin the divorce financial planning process by helping you articulate your financial needs, concerns, and objectives. Then, we help you identify accurate values for your assets, debts, income and expenses.
The financial mediators at Peace Talks prepare schedules that project cash flows, net worth, and tax effects of proposed settlements. Putting that information in language you can understand helps you take the next steps.
We consult with you, your attorneys, and other advisors to evaluate financial reports and proposed divorce settlements. We answer your questions, and provide the information and advice you need to go forward.
More than just numbers, thorough financial planning sets a positive tone for productive discussions. Clients find that the process becomes more efficient and cost-effective. Their stress, frustration, and anxiety diminish. They feel confident and prepared to make prudent financial decisions. We want you to have hope and know that we are working with you to provide for your future.
How the Process Works
Peace Talks’ team of financial planners follow a 7-step process to help you achieve lifetime financial security.
- Meet. During our initial meeting, we discuss your immediate and long-term financial needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Discover. We identify your assets, debts, income, and expenses along with potential tax, insurance, retirement, and other financial issues.
- Analyze and Report. We provide personalized schedules of all relevant information; prepare cash flow, net worth, and alternative property division projections; and examine the after-tax effect and long-term consequences of all proposed settlements.
- Review. We meet with you and your attorneys to evaluate reports, answer questions, and make revisions.
- Recommend. We provide information and advice to help you make prudent, workable decisions.
- Follow-up. We consult with you, your attorneys, and other advisors, as needed.
- Post-divorce planning. Knowing that financial planning doesn’t end when the divorce is final, we monitor the transfer of assets, prepare a long-term financial plan based on your specific goals and objectives, and offer ongoing education and advice.
Offering comprehensive expertise in divorce-related financial issues
What We Do
When it comes to divorce and finances, everyone’s financial needs and goals are different. Every couple’s situation is unique. The financial specialists at Peace Talks have the experience and expertise to guide your decision-making and problem-solving on a wide range of financial issues related to divorce, including:
- Alimony and child support payments or lump sum distributions
- Budget analysis
- Cash flow
- Children’s education/special needs
- Complex Property division
- Debt pay-off
- Employee benefits
- Insurance coverage
- Health care
- Potential earnings
- Property and business interests
- Retirement and pensions
- Separate vs. marital property
- Social security
- Tax issues
Objective Financial Advice from Certified Professionals
The professional designations we have earned include: Certified Divorce Financial Analyst™ (CDFA™), Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP™), and Certified Public Accountant/Personal Financial Specialist (CPA/PFS).
Most of all, you need peace of mind - and bringing that to you is our mission at Peace Talks.